"Upon my soul, I can think of nothing else ... "

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pursuit


What are we pursuing? This question is answered differently for many people but as followers of Christ we should all answer the same. Christ. He should be our number one pursuit. I have to constantly ask myself do I love Christ or do I lust after what he’s created and can create? Are my actions and time spent to glorify and know Him more or is it spent pursuing my own goals and dreams. These questions are important to me because for a long time Christ was only my savior from hell and God was just who I prayed to when I was in trouble or needed something. There was no real desire in between those two things to learn more about Christ or become more like Him. It stopped there. So I wondered away from Him and tried to fill my heart with the love of things and people created rather than the creator.  I didn’t long to be with, hear from, or do anything for the Lord. I had what I wanted but I had nothing.  At the time I didn’t realize that what was wrong was my relationship with the Lord. However, by His mercy and grace, over time and through teaching, He brought me to a place where I desired His presence. It was a slow process of Him speaking to me and revealing who He was and what our relationship could and should be. He changed my heart and now the more I learn and hear from and about Him the harder it is for me to be without Him. I never again want to fall away and put my hopes and faith into created things that were never meant to hold that weight. Asking these questions can sometimes be hard and reveal truth I don’t like to admit, but in doing so it helps to evaluate my heart and refocus, if need be, on what is most important. I am so grateful for His pursuit of me and learning how to be grateful and intentional in my pursuit Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment