"Upon my soul, I can think of nothing else ... "

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Stay Until the Night Draws Nigh

Stay until the night draws nigh
Stay in place of ties that bind
My heart alone I cannot change
Shackled to my flesh in chains
I bear them and their loathsome weight
Ill-equipped to find my way
Filling holes and empty space
With all except Your full grace
My works and efforts all for naught
My righteousness by You bought
 You’re faithful call draws me near
I find no reason or cause to fear
“Dear child, come find rest in me”
And out reach arms that hold gently
My advocate, adoring King
Saving one, I’m Yours wholly
In the future I’m sure will come
Trouble days but victory won
Victory, secure and in You set
No sweeter friend have I met
Stay until night draws nigh
This heart is yours no longer mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment