"Upon my soul, I can think of nothing else ... "

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

He Is My Plan A, B, & C


"What Are You Gonna Do Now?"

Probably the most frequent question I have encountered in the past couple of months. The question can come from curiosity, concern, or just some sort of polite obligation to carry on conversation. In any account the question, at least in my case, has no definitive answer. The bottom line is I have no idea what I will be doing or where I will be living. 

I’m currently applying for jobs and weighing my options. There’s no specific job or place in particular that I am dead set on going. And while I feel pressure from the norms of society to “have a plan” and “to make things happen”, I find the more I genuinely just want to be in the job and environment that Christ wants me to be in.

If I have learned anything during my extended stay in college it is that God opens doors and answer prayers (in His timing) in an unbelievable way when we sincerely seek Him and acknowledge Him in our time of need.

Christ has proven Himself over and over in my life the last few years. He provided incredible and unbelievable living arrangements with great roommates and ridiculously affordable rent. (Thanks Laura Bolles, Sarah Pickard, Shelby Winthrop, and Catherine Boubel) He also opened doors within the School of Social Work so that I could finish 7 months early and answered little prayers along the way about health and employment. God has always provided and has been faithful to love and care for me. Blessings I could not have imagined, created, or constructed on my own.

So it is when I am overwhelmed while applying, frustrated while waiting on responses, or embarrassed when I have no answer for this simple question that I am reminded that my life is in far better hands than my own.

I guess the answer is I don’t know what I am going to be doing, but God does know and His thoughts are not my thoughts and His ways are far above mine. (Isaiah 55:8)

 He is my plan A, B, & C. 


"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters, wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior"

Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) - Hillsong United

No comments:

Post a Comment