"Upon my soul, I can think of nothing else ... "

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

We were meant to live for so much more.


What if your every dream came true and all you wanted in life was given to you? If you wanted to be musician you were the most known, respected, and loved artist? If you wanted to be a world-class athlete you woke up tomorrow and you were that person? Why is it that many times we feel like we have to choose between Christ and our dreams? Today in one of my social work classes my teacher used the last 15 minutes of class to show a video about Albert Pujols. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB4lHAEsSyo0) He is a renowned baseball player and many agree a definite future hall of famer. He came from nothing to being one of the most acclaimed players. He has money, relative fame, and his dream of being a professional baseball player. Yet even with all this he lives in a way to pursue his true purpose of glorifying God. The following is a link to an article written about Pujols and his faith. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/2455892/posts  I was so interested to see someone truly use there gifts not just for self gratification and their own glory but to do work for God’s kingdom. God doesn’t ask us to give up our passions, talents, and gifts. He is the one who has given them! He has called us to use those passions, talents, and gifts for his glory. I thought about that video for the rest of my day and about how unique and individually gifted we all are. We can chase our own dreams for our own glory and we will see our star shine for a fleeting moment, but I believe our talents are seen at they’re brightest and most full potential when they are used to exalt Christ. I hope you take the time to watch the video, read the article, or both. In writing this blog I hope that it doesn’t shine a light on Pujols as much as it encourages you in whatever pursuit you’re making to glorify Christ in and with those pursuits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment